Most people wonder how to choose the ideal living room floor and often end up making the wrong decision due to ignorance as well as abstaining from taking help of the expert. Ideally, a floor must be strong and functional enough to handle every facet of your family life including sitting on a couch, resting and snuggling with a cushion or even playing and jumping from the sofa to the settee. There are different types of material used for flooring, but most people go for or suggest laminate flooring for several reasons.
Factor to Consider while you choose laminated floorboards for your home or commercial space:
- It should be warm and durable to meet your expectation and be multifunctional as well. It must be bubbling with activity and bring life to your room.
- Laminate flooring is resistant to stains. However, you should remain cautious that you do not spill excess water, chemicals or liquids as this can give rise to unnecessary stains.
- Whether you choose wood, vinyl or laminate flooring choose charming designs, warm colors and better finishes, bevels, textures and grooves. This flooring is durable especially if you have children and pets at home.
- Consider the style so that it is uniform and complementary by getting the full package of matching accessories such as profiles and skirting boards and the underlay. It is also very easy to install, over the existing floor surface that you have, with DIY methods, or with professional floor installers.
Reasons to Choose Laminate
There are three specific reasons to install laminate flooring in your room.
- Hypo-Allergenic – If you or any members of your family have allergies then laminate flooring is an ideal flooring choice. If you have carpet the all sorts of allergens will be trapped in the fibers of it but with laminate flooring, there is no scope for any accumulation of allergens. You can clean the floor with a simple sweep and there will be no pet hairs, dust or any pollutant to cause allergies or asthma.
- Pet Durable – This type of flooring is pet durable as you can clean up the mess with a laminate friendly cleaner easily. You can even use a vinegar and water solution in equal parts to clean up the floor stains but make sure you clean up liquid mess immediately. This will prevent the boards from buckling and warp as liquid may seep in through the joints.
- Easy DIY Installation – One most significant feature of laminate flooring is its easy DIY installation. It will save a lot of money for you in labor and fees paid to the professional. If you follow the right process, you can do it yourself in quick time.
The Pros of Laminate Flooring
Most people prefer laminate flooring over hardwood flooring for the inherent benefits that it comes with. These are in different aspects such as cost, durability, maintenance and others.
- As for the price factor the hardwood will cost you more as it depends on how exotic the trees are from which it is made of. On the other hand, laminate wood is made from composite wood pressed together at very high temperatures and are therefore much cheaper than hardwood.
- As for the durability of a floor a lot depends on the traffic load and wear and tear. Whereas a laminate floor is more durable as it can resist scratches, wear and tear and moisture.
However, repairing a hardwood floor is easier than laminate flooring. Imperfections in hardwood can be removed sanding to provide better finish, which gives it a slight edge over laminate. It is more contemporary for your home, and you can get this as tiled, stone and wood finishes.
Source: Emma Smith